Friday, September 10, 2010

Celebrity Fashion: Star Magic celebrities add Hollywood glamor to the Star Magic Ball with their vintage-inspired gown


The Star Magic Ball became reminiscent of old ‘50s Hollywood as stars showed up in classic pieces. The timeless look was both understated yet still sexy at the same time. Bea Alonzo, Kristine Hermosa, Kim Chiu, and Shaina Magdayao’s gowns would be just as equally stunning when photographed in black and white as it would be in color. The classic cut of their gowns did not distract from their flawless figures and complexions. Angel Aquino wore a Victorian-inspired gown made by Patrice Ramos-Diaz that had vintage accessories to complete the look. “I love that this dress is so in the character of Vera (the character she plays in the hit series Magkaribal), that’s what I thought when I saw it. I don’t know if it was the designer’s inspiration for making the gown. I like that it’s Victorian and it’s romantic. She also decided to provide me with the earrings na rin to complete the look,” Angel shared.

Other notable gowns that evoked the same vintage feel were worn by Anne Curtis (who bagged the night’s Most Glamorous award), Rica Peralejo, Erich Gonzales, Megan Young, and Regine Angeles. It is a known fashion rule that no matter what you wear, you should never let your dress overpower you. According to Rica Peralejo, “I just wanted to wear something classy for the night. I went for a classic look. It’s so easy to go with the popular trend, but I just wanted to be seen in something na when I look back 20 years from now and see what I was wearing for this night, parang gusto ko isipin na, ‘Uy, puwede pa rin!’”

Some people make the mistake of letting what they wear define them, thinking that the outfit can carry itself. But these celebs showed that a classic outfit can only be totally pulled off with the right amount of pizzazz and grace that reminds us of classic Hollywood fashion icons like Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment